Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Shaking it off

My first full day as a stay at home mom and it dawns on me as I ride with O on the carousel for the third time that I am accountable to no one but him. My schedule is his schedule. I have nothing to do or anywhere to be other than on this carousel ride. What a liberating feeling. This is a really odd feeling of freedom. I hope it lasts for a long time. I feel very much at ease, with few cares. It is exhilarating.

I also realized that there is more time in a day with this role for right now. We do something fun in the morning, he takes a massive nap and we play at the house or run errands in the afternoon. Easy breezy.

Last role, I would hammer all day, race home and try to be the most exciting person alive for three hours. The old thing was exhausting. Yes, I am the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments: