Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wrestling with identity

If you know me, you know how much I love shoes and bags (and jewelry), and in my new role, there is no need for any of those items at all. Bags and a toddler are a joke and there is something about walking into Gymboree with my Bob Shimmer Choo ballet slipper that seems like overkill. The problem is I thought I would be one of those glam Charlotte moms who wore beautiful, but comfortable and elegantly casual clothes, and yet, I cannot muster anything beyond jeans and a tee, a really big tee to hide my tummy. I feel like any moment I am going to be on what not to wear. I saw some bags tonight shopping that made me want to get that elegance going again. I think I will aim for the Fall for this transition. I am still trying to figure out how and when to shower each day.

No comments: