Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Managing against lists

I am a list maker. I make lists for everything, even vacation. In fact, my grocery list is in order of how the grocery store is laid out. When my husband left our son in my care right around his first birthday, I made an exhaustive list of what we would do every day, in order, with time ranges assigned. I have control problems, or as I like to repeat to myself in hushed tones: I enjoy order.

That being said, have been known to be wildly efficient at work. One manager said I could push a watermelon through a head of a pin. I am not sure what that means, but it is one of the colorful southern expressions that make me smile. So, in making this transition from executive to stay-at-home mom, I am a little worried about this personality trait. I am curious to see how it manifests itself and I am further curious to see what my lists look like and for that matter, how long the list making lasts. I would like to set the over/under (did mention I love gambling?) on the amount of time before there is no list to 4.5 months.

Please place your bets.

2 comments:

The Robbins Nest said...

check out my blog...
I am so excited for you! This is going to be one hell of an adventure. I look forward to being with you every step of the way!

Tracey Parsons said...

You gave me a flower!!! Thanks!!! I will open this site up later today when the news is filtered out. And I will post your flower! Thanks, H!