Monday, September 29, 2008

Teaching opportunities

Today Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin were campaigning right next door to the Bexley Library. Today, as luck would have it is story time at said library. Therefore, the morning was spent teaching Owen all about elections. Like when a car failed to stop at a stop sign and nearly hit me and my stroller, I explained, these folks are excited to see their candidate and that since you are already born, killing you is not as big a deal.

And then there was the walk past the line to get into the rally and the people who were chanting Obama slogans, I explained that the great thing about America is that we are all allowed a right to our opinion and that we all get a say in who leads us. Then, there was the guy who flipped off the Obama people which prompted Owen to ask "what that man doing?" I was truly annoyed that someone who raise their finger in front of a child, I just said, he is expressing her opinion, but truthfully, babe, he is with the bad guy. And then Owen rolled down the sidewalk pointing at McCain supporter saying: "bad guy, bad guy, bad guy"

I know, I am going to hell...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Owen is a smart kid and that he is already able to identify the bad guys is not a bad trait :-)