Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Today feels good

This is about the end of my third month in this new role. And, I can say, it is looking pretty great right now. I am really in a good place. I am enjoying the pace finally and looking forward to activities like making dinner or playing in the yard (as long as bug spray is involved!) I am becoming slightly more patient and listening a little better. I just feel better. I have more energy and am feeling happier. I am enjoying slow walks home from places and leisurely trips to a store. I am letting go of efficiency and embracing truly and quite literally smelling the roses.

I do not miss work on an employer's terms, however, I do miss the work in terms of ideas. I can say with all honesty that I cannot ever see going back to work for a company. I can only see working for myself on my terms with people I want to work with and projects I care about that will make a difference. I am no longer interested in measuring myself by making a number for anyone but myself. If anyone would have asked two years ago if this would have been where I was, I would have laughed in their face, because I am kinda rude like that ;-)

No comments: