Friday, February 13, 2009

On being the center of the universe

We all continue to adjust to being a family. Sounds weird, I am sure, that I say that and we are nearly three years into it. But, like anything that is fluid and always evolving, it takes time. Lately, our little person is becoming that, a little person. He so wants to be included in everything that goes on, which is so nice and heart-warming but also heart breaking:

Steve: the tickets to the concert for your birthday printed
O: did they print my ticket, too?
S: no, just mommy and me are going to the concert
O: (dejected) oh.

OMG, I almost crashed the car when I heard how sad he was that he wasn't coming somewhere with us. Kinda like last week when Steve and I were talking about a vacation and O said that he would have to stay home with the dog. I couldn't tell if he was happy or sad about staying home with the dog. Luckily, this is a vacation he will be going on.

Needless to say, this is a textbook regession of separtation anxiety. It is just so very sad. But, I am sure in a month's time, he will shove us out the door again.

No comments: